Monday, January 7, 2013

Sun, sea, sand and sisters

This is another photo from our family breakaway to the West Coast. Here I am (right) with my beautiful sister. We spent the day at the beach swimming and suntanning and of course watching
other people!



This is a really simple layout and was really quick to put together.

I used the back of the Playful Banner paper from Echo Park's Sweet Day collection as my background. I have been saving this paper for a while and I am satisfied with using it on this layout. I paired it with paper from the Seen & Noted mini block from Pebbles Inc using vellum as a frame for my photo.



I love finding uses for small scraps of paper that I just don't have the heart to throw away. I used some of these to cut out the cute hearts and to create the circle embellishment.



I used my last label sticker from My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline (by Jen Allyson) collection along with a summery element sticker from Echo Park's Sweet Day sticker page to create a cluster around the photo.

I added some washi underneath to echo some of the colours from the Pebbles Inc paper.



The brads were used to add dimension to the layout. I find it hard to randomly place things like these: I always end up creating a pattern! But I am pleased with the result.

The title was done with Classic Calico (Studio Calico) cardstock stickers.



I added some stitching detail to finish of the page.

This layout is so bright and cheerful it puts me in instant holiday mode!

x
Arné

No comments:

Post a Comment